Monday, October 26, 2015

Taking the first few steps


The past few weeks I have had the chance to talk to a lot of people and get some insight into what life should be.  We all have our different views and beliefs of what Life should be and how it should be lived. And the reasoning behind those conversations is twofold. One, I want to find out what makes them tick, what they do, how they live. And two, I want to take part of what I hear and apply it to my life.

You are never too old to change. I have made up my mind that I am not going to stay stagnant. I have gifts that need to be shared, even it’s just shared between me and Liz, or me and Peanut, I will not hold back.  I am not going to give in to doubt. I have always had a hard time believing that I was good enough. I have let that doubt linger and continue to be a voice in my head. No More.

I have been re-reading this book called Taming the Mind by Thubten Chodron , it’s a great book that teaches Buddhist teachings and new age techniques on becoming a better person and letting go of prejudice, judgement and ill will towards others.  I read it a few years ago when Liz and I were separated for 9 months. It helped. It helped align my soul. I finally let go of a lot of resentment and hate that I had built up for years.  It helped me understand that I was a cyclic existence and nothing was changing. It was the same thing over and over.

I also read a great blog by my friend Emily Perry. She is such an amazing, inspirational person that has such a light of kindness and love in her life and has made it her mission to help you Manifest the best self you can be. Her posts have helped focus my own thoughts and have given me the drive to achieve what I want throughout the day, the week and so on.

Change is never easy. It is hard. It sometimes takes courage and the gall to tell others to screw off and not let the inner doubts in.  I am looking forward to my continuing change to be a better man, father, husband, lover, friend and co-worker.  I hope that you will be able to see the change.

Quote of the Day:

“Everyone thinks of change the world, but no one thinks of changing himself” –
Leo Tolstoy

Song of the Day:

“Beautiful Day” – Joshua Radin






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Jon. I am honored to be your friend and look forward to reading more about your path. You have so much to offer, not just to your wife and daughter, but to all of us who have been blessed to meet you. Much love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing father and husband and I wish others could see what I see in you! Love you.

    ReplyDelete