Thursday, November 12, 2015

It's time for a Break


I think its time for a break. I know a lot of others are also taking a break. And the break is not from life, work or anything important. Its a break from Facebook and the interactions on that site that seem to drudge up a lot of ill contempt and meanness. I have had my share of sharing some not so nice comments of trying to get my opinion across to others and all it ends up being is a never ending back and forth display of I'm right and You are wrong. It does not help anyone in the end.  I have hoped that both sides of the conversations could have been thought about and understood, but if it is a subject that objectifies their beliefs in a bad light than there is never going to be any understanding except defensiveness. I am guilty of doing both. 

 So i am going to take a break from offering my opinions. It might even stretch into my daily life. 

Over the years i have been able to open up more and be more opinionated.  I have been told that I have a mouth that Roars. I will not apologize for that. I don't have an off switch and that has been a detriment to me in some situations, and this is something that i will always struggle with.  As i have said before, if i have offended any one of you, i am sorry. I did not mean to. My tactful meter does not register sometimes.

So, i will try my hardest to not comment or state my opinion on the current daily issues. I will hold my tongue when it comes to the Church and issues that are being talked about it. I am going to strive to to the best I can to be more quiet vocally. 

Quote of the Day:

"Sometimes you have to take a half step back to take two forward."
- Vince McMahon -

Video of the Day:

Angel Eyes - Jim Brickman



1 comment:

  1. I love this, Jon. Such a good reminder. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete