Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Looking Back on this past Year


Driving my bus the past few days has given me plenty of time to reflect on this past year and go over the good, bad, ugly, craziness and poignant points of the year.

There have been many instances of laughter, anger, sadness, anxiety, frustration, love and tears. 

I learned that most friends are a dime a dozen. The ones that do matter are the ones that accept you for who you are and realize that everyone does not have to be the same in beliefs or life style. 

I love my job.

I love Liz more than anything in the world. This past year has been filled with daily struggle for her. She is a fighter. One in a million. She is a fantastic mother. She is a loving wife and is willing to help anyone if she can and if we can afford to. Lately, not so much :)  She is not the same person she was before her Coma. And she probably never will be. But what has happened is, it has softened her. She lets others help. She is not as much a neat freak. She lets things slide to a certain degree. She takes life as it comes.  She has said that she does not know how much time she has left and that she just wants to not worry about things like that. If they get done, they do, if not, there is always tomorrow.

McKinley has been a blessing. She has also been a curse. She is great 95% of the time, and yes i know that growing pains are part of the process of raising kids, but man, she has my personality and its a constant reminder to me of how much of a pain i must have been as a kid to my parents.  She is also extremely intelligent. She is only 5, but is starting to do addition, subtraction and able to read words and sentences. We work with her daily. She loves to color and write and tell us stories about her drawings. She loves people and is a friend to anyone. 

I have been amazed at the kindness of strangers and people in our lives. They have gone above and beyond.  We would not be where we are right now without them.

This year was full. It also was the year where I decided to be a more vocal person. Not only in speaking to others and face to face interactions, but also in writing and sharing my thoughts and opinions in hope that i could be a help to anyone. I am going to continue to share stories, thoughts, and what I feel on this blog, facebook and emails.  Some posts might be similar to other posts and that is fine with me. I will hit on the same subjects here and there.  

I hope this year has been a good one for you and that you have grown from its experiences. Please keep in touch.

Quote(s) of the Day:

"Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences, and failing to achieve anything useful" - Margaret J. Wheatley

" The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates


Video of the Day:

100 Years : Five for Fighting









No comments:

Post a Comment