Sunday, January 31, 2016

Starting to feel and see the Changes


I am feeling good. My mind doesn't seemed muddled with tons of thoughts and worries. And i really believe that it has to do with the Changes that i am making. There have been a mirade of changes that i can see. I feel better. I sleep better. I don't hurt at all. I used to wake up with sore joints and muscles and I do not have that anymore. Liz has said that I look like i have lost weight. And i feel that. I feel lighter. And this time it has not been hard. I think its because I finally made up my mind to do something about it and to continue to improve myself in all areas of my life.

I am also seeing changes in my mood spiritually. Some of my posts have irked some people and that is understandable. And that is also ok. I am not going to change them to fit what they want to hear. But i have also not bashed the Church as some have said. I am not Anti. And Yes. I still believe in God, Jesus and Good vs Evil.

I wrote this on my friends facebook page after he shared this. I am sure some of you read or saw it. But I will share what he wrote and than what i wrote. It clarifies things for me and I hope for you with where I am spiritually, since my decision has made some of you abandon our friendships and pull away from me.

Part of what he wrote: This is the part that struck me and I have tried to explain, but i never put my words behind scriptures. 


Alma Chapter 30:7-11
7 Now there was no law against a man’s belief; for it was strictly contrary to the commands of God that there should be a law which should bring men on to unequal grounds.

8 For thus saith the scripture: Choose ye this day, whom ye will serve.

9 Now if a man desired to serve God, it was his privilege; or rather, if he believed in God it was his privilege to serve him; but if he did not believe in him there was no law to punish him.

10 But if he murdered he was punished unto death; and if he robbed he was also punished; and if he stole he was also punished; and if he committed adultery he was also punished; yea, for all this wickedness they were punished.

11 For there was a law that men should be judged according to their crimes. Nevertheless, there was no law against a man’s belief; therefore, a man was punished only for the crimes which he had done; therefore all men were on equal grounds.

*My response*

As the Scripture above says, its each persons individual choice. I feel that sometimes Members of the Church have a hard time differentiating between that. Just because a person leaves the Church, its not anything against their friends, families or leaders. Its a choice that they feel is right for them. So when we see people taking our decisions personal and then trying to put something negative on it, it hurts. I have said this before; I could care less how you are spiritually, its each persons choice, but why is your WAY better than mine, when it even says in the Scriptures that its OK. People who have a conflict with the Church and have left, it does not necessarily mean that they have lost their faith or belief in God. But that is one of the things that members of the Church assume. We it comes to me, I believe in God, Jesus, the battle between Good and Evil. I just have no interest in wasting time anymore with an organization that I don't believe in. It does not mean that I have lost my spiritual side.

I am excited to see and feel the continuing changes not only in me physically or mentally, but also in all around Life. I finally feel that i am slowly getting a grasp on who I am and where i want to be and continue to go. 

I hope you are well and hope to hear from you.

Quote of the Day:

" I feel myself becoming the fearless person I have dreamt of being. Have I arrived? No. But I'm constantly evolving and challenging myself to be unafraid to make mistakes." - Janelle Monae

Video of the Day:

Living in the Moment - Jason Mraz





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that I have some type of influence on you my friend. :-) I just hope its a good influence overall and you can overlook my bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrin,

    I hope that you see that even the Scriptures (BOM ) show that its ok for people to believe what they want and do what they wish Spiritually. For some members they don't see that or believe that. Just because people leaving the Church has always had a bad stigma behind it, it does not mean its necessarily a bad thing for them or for the Church. The Church rules with an underlying fear of not able to be together as a family in eternity, UNLESS. That's not how God works.

    ReplyDelete