Saturday, January 2, 2016

This Years Bucket List


I have tried for years to do a bucket list and have tried to make some checkmarks on it.  It has not been going that well. Sure, i have done some fun things and got to travel and enjoy spending time with Liz and Peanut, but I put off things for me. Liz says that i need to start doing things for myself and to enjoy what I used to do or feel like I need to do.

The list is varied and not long. It is a mix of emotional, physical, mental and spiritual things that I want to accomplish this year. Some will take hard work and dedication and some will be pretty simple. But I want to make this year a great year for not only myself, but for Liz, Peanut and everyone i love and care about.

#1. Lose weight. I am not putting a number or a specific weight. I don't need that. I just want to feel good for me, and when i am there, I will know. This will be my main goal for the year. Its time i focus on it. I want to be around for a long time and right now with the way my body is acting, its needed.

#2. Draw more. I used to love to draw. I have done some painting and little sketches here and there the past few years, i just need to focus on it and do it. I was pretty good before i stopped.

#3. Listen to music more and watch less TV.

#4. Go for one hike a week. It could be the Logan River Trail. the Wind Caves , White Pine Lake, China Wall or any other area that i enjoy.

#5. Go camping 2 or 3 times with no phone service, internet or alarm clock. Just some food, books, sketch pad, fishing pole and my camera. Decompress with no distractions.

#6. Read one book a month. It could be more, depending on the book subjects or series that I choose.

#7. Take 2 or 3 trips with just Liz and I.

#8. Daddy Daughter Date night once a month with Peanut.  She does want to do a bigfoot hunt with me one night. * As you know, i am a believer *

#9. Show love and caring for the friends and family that i have neglected.

#10. Smile more, pray more, and be Happy a lot more.

Like i said, its not a long list. I might add to it or take some away. Depending on how things line up for me and our situations. Things change around here a lot.


Quote of the Day:

"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."
- John Dewey -

Video of the Day:
- Don't Stop me Now - Queen ( to me this is the greatest Rock and Roll Band ) 


4 comments:

  1. I think that is a great list for you and you can do it. I also know that it would benefit you a lot! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you beautiful. I know that with your help and support i can do anything. Love you.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an "Eat, Pray, Love" list to me. Good for you and good luck on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aunt KaraLee. Hope you and Uncle Bob are doing well. We would love to come visit sometime to Oregon. Thats one place Liz and I want to go. The Coast and redwoods. McKinley would love it.

      Delete