Thursday, February 18, 2016

Are you Offended?????


I have never been one to hide how i feel.  You could read it on my face, actions, demeanor or when i verbally expressed myself.  To me that is one of the best things about living in America. You have the choice to do whatever you want.

For the past few weeks I have read and heard a lot of discouraging news. Its hard to see what the world is developing into. Its a place where if someone is “offended”, it has to get changed immediately to appease them. We are trying to accommodate everyone and all that leads to is more laws because one group feels that another is getting better treatments. It is a never ending cycle.

One thing that really irritates me is at my work.  There are a few people who are “worried” about offending someone/group if we get American Flags on our uniforms. Are you kidding me?  We live in America. Its the USA.  I have said from the first day that I started working at CVTD we needed Flags on our uniform. I could care less who it offends.  I am glad that there is an overwhelming vote for YES to the Flags.

Being a driver I deal with many different types of people, races, backgrounds and I try to give each and every one of them respect. But that respect needs to go both ways.  I have never gone up to the guy who has a swastika tattooed on his head that he needs to cover it up. Its his decision to be who he is. Do i agree with it. NO. Its a choice that we make daily on who we want to be.  I never get on the mic and say that passengers have to speak English only. I am glad that i know some of the slang and swear words, because I can dissuade that.

I feel that one of the most damaging things that constantly go on is the Push and Pull from all the political parties. They all want the same result in helping America become better, but they go about it is such asinine ways that nothing gets accomplished without someone insulting the other. Its a Cycle.  We are trying to accommodate every ones feelings and place them into laws and amendments and it will never work the way they want.

I have thought about getting into Politics, but i do know that my persona would rub people the wrong way. I go with my gut. I will listen to both sides and decide for myself.  I would not last long. I would upset many groups.  Plus I don’t have the stamina to go around in circles in a debate.

Quote of the Day:

“If you're not offending one group of people, you're not entertaining the other."

-Blake Shelton-




4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! This is America !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish more people realized that and had the mindset to stand up for that.

      Delete
  2. I'm not happy unless I'm offended! ;)

    ReplyDelete