Thursday, February 25, 2016

Getting Rid of Baggage



I have recently taken steps to rid myself of negativity and emotional baggage.  It actually was easier than i thought it would be.

I got off of Facebook. I have tried this once before and it was good for a while. But i got back on to just give updates on Liz’s health and then it snowballed from there.  I would comment on stories or links and and share my opinions and it just got out of hand with people taking offense and not taking the time to see both sides to a discussion. It caused some people to end friendships and attack me personally and I did not see the need to continue that.   I know that I have said that if you get offended by anything i write or say its on YOU and not me, and for the most part that is true, but I also have to have peace of mind with myself and if I hurt others and make them feel anger or animosity than thats different to me.  We do not have to agree on everything, but when it starts getting to areas where things are said that are hurtful and mean than its time to step back and see what is really behind that. And it is usually not the subject being discussed.  So I decided to quit Facebook cold-turkey. Its been great.

I have had some pent up emotional issues/memories from past problems. I held on to them for far to long. I have let them go. There was no reason to hold on to them. I let them run through my mind for years and it affected me because of it. I feel like a big weight has been lifted. Will i forget? No. But I will not harbor them. They will come and go.  I need the extra space that is now opening up for new uplifting memories.

The journey of bettering myself continues.

Quote of the Day:

“Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you're doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.” - Joel Osteen

Video of the Day:

Lost in the Echo - Linkin Park


No comments:

Post a Comment