Sunday, March 6, 2016

It is OK to have an opinion


The past few weeks i have received some emails and heard from people that I just need to shut up and if I hate Utah so much i should move and why do I care what the Church does or says. 

Well, i will tell you why.

I don't need to shut up. I have that right to say whatever i want, the same as you. I can state my opinions and if it rubs you the wrong way. So be it. That is fine. I am sure you will say things that I won't agree with, but I will never tell you to leave or ask you why do you care? Its good to care, its good to have opinions and thoughts. Don't shy away from offending anyone. It is OK to have an opinion.

I do no hate living here in Utah. I love it here. I grew up here. I have moved away and came back. And why do you think that is. Its because of the 4 Seasons, the mountains, nature, wildlife, small town feel, friends and family, and of course Liz and McKinley.  Liz enjoys this area. She loves the seasons. Warm, hot and humid climates are hard on her due to her HAE. So we stay here for her health. Plus all of her Medical Doctors are here. Why would we want to start over after almost 4 years of training these Doctors about her disease and the love and care they show Liz would be lost somewhere else.  Doctors here personally call and talk to Liz and see how she is doing. We could not get that in a bigger more populated city/area. So we are not leaving anytime soon, unless something drastic happens.

And the dreaded constant question of why do i care what the Church says or does? 

 Well since my start of parting ways with the Church I have had time to really look at some press releases by them and am sick and tired of them pushing their Agendas without as much as a whimper from most of our local, State and National politicians. Its seems that whatever the Church says they take it as " Oh, it has to be Right if the Church says it." They influence the LDS Politicians with Approaches and Reaching out and if any of them oppose the Church's ideas or thoughts Pressure mounts and other LDS politicians start to Approach and Reach out to the out of line Politician.  They are deciding for us what the best steps are for OUR families, our medical needs and our Rights of Free Speech and a whole other area of liberties that we enjoy. 

Here is a link to what i wrote to the local paper. Enjoy


So again, I say. It is OK to have an opinion.  Share it, don't hold back how you feel, if it something that is offensive to someone, that is one them, not you.  Life is all about constantly learning and realizing your full potential. For some its easy to see what they have to offer. For others it takes years to develop that. Its taken me years of hiding mostly who I was. I am done doing that. Liz's health problems have shown me that life is just too damn short too worry about.

Quote of the Day:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
 - Steve Jobs -

Video of the Day:

Pride : American Authors  ( this is my new favorite song, the Message is great )



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post, Jon. I don't know about you but I was raised in Californian schools during the 1950s and '60s where we learned more than "reading and writing and 'rithmetic". Among the many lessons learned was the difference between facts and opinions. We are all allowed to have opinions but learned that opinions aren't necessarily factual. It's a shame that many people don't seem to understand that difference. I appreciate your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J Jacobs,

    I do find it funny that most people will state things and than have nothing to back it up with. I do my best to get both sides before i comment or say something. There are always 2 sides to every story and I can see that you and I both agree that you need to learn both before you share.

    ReplyDelete