Sunday, April 3, 2016

Progress and Happiness

This Barn is placed facing a Cemetery in Idaho. What a great thing to see on the way out. I wonder how many smiles and how much comfort that has brought to families that are in mourning from burying their loved ones. 

Lately on Instagram I have gotten a ton of direct messages asking me to become a Coach and or join Workout systems and self help programs.  I am happy that they thought of me. But I am not looking to pay anyone for help in my life changing journey.  I know what needs to be done. I am slowly progressing to the person I want to be in my marriage, personal, spiritual, employment life.

One thing Liz and I like to talk about is that we are not the normal married couple. We don’t feel that we need to keep up with the Jones’s.  And that could be because we have constantly been at the low end poverty line for years. We just have adjusted to not needing much. Me more than Liz for sure. We have lost our possessions more than once and have moved more than we should have, but we have never felt lost together. I have no problem on just moving somewhere at a whim. I am trying to be better at having a more level head when it comes to those decisions.

 We have had our struggles as all couples do. Most of you know that we were separated for close to 9 months. That was from me being selfish and going out and trying to gain some acceptance and feeling some gratitude for what I was doing and not getting at home.  It was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. But I am better for it.  

You also know my stance on the Church and my spiritual journey. Getting away from the constant guilt that the Church places on you, be it subtle or in your face, has lifted such a burden that I carried on my shoulders and in my mind. I don’t feel any anxiety or fear for my eternal soul.  I am free. I am open. I am me. Take it or leave it.  I know in my heart that God loves me no matter what and does not pick and choose over petty things who gets into heaven. The 10 Commandments are his original constitution, the Church just added ammendments and Articles of Faith.

I have spent to many years living life day to day. I am starting to see what Life should be and I am meeting new and interesting people daily.  I talk to them on the bus, on instagram,  on their blogs.  Life is meant to be lived and I have waited to long to live it.  And yes, the health of Liz is a big hurdle to do what we can and want to do. But we are making it work. We are trying to minimize our life even more to be able to do what we want. We don’t want to be stuck in one place and get into a cemented routine.  Most of you are great examples to us on how to live life and what enjoyment is. We appreciate you all.

I hope that you take the time to look at your life and see what changes you would like to make. It can be something small or something big. It could take one time or many tries.  Continuing to grow, learn and develop is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves and others.

Quote of the Day:

“Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” - Leah LaBelle

Video of the Day:

Titanium - Boyce Avenue




No comments:

Post a Comment