Saturday, August 20, 2016

Time to Remove




I have been going back and forth on this for a while now. But I think its time that I send in my resignation to the Church and remove my name from the Records.

People have told me that I should not worry about it since I am not active anyway, don't pay tithing (which i hardly ever did ), and have not worn the G's for years.  I know to some people they would just let it go and not worry about it.

But to me its more than just a membership #. Its a chance to tell the Church to F' Off when it comes to being in any sort of control over me, that they can't use my # as a stat for their tax exempt status, or to pad their stats on membership totals.

It will also help me clearly break away from my feelings about the Church. It will be the final straw of my sometimes negative words about it. Once my name is removed, the years of what I was taught will be removed from my mind, heart and soul and I will truly be able to worship in anyway that I want without the Church creeping in.



People have asked me what I believe. I believe in God. I believe in Hell. I believe that we are all accountable for our lives and how we live them. Just because you might smoke, had pre-marital sex, have sex while not married, are gay, bi, trans-gendered, drink alcohol, smoke pot, or are of a different religion does not mean you will never get back to Heaven. There is not just one true Church. I have never felt that God plays favorites and I for sure have never felt that he will keep families apart just because tithing was not paid,did not attend the Temple or were not active or for some other RULE that was not followed. Rules are different than Commandments. The 10 Commandments should be the standard of what the Church should follow, not amendments/rules the Church enforces and takes from what the handbook says that was written by leaders and their prejudices and own feelings.



Quote of the Day:

“I came to the conclusion long ago that all religions were true and that also that all had some error in them, and while I hold by my own religion, I should hold other religions as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we were Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu; but our innermost prayer should be that a Hindu should become a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, and a Christian a better Christian.” 
― Mahatma Gandhi

Video of the Day: "Thy Will"  Hilary Scott ( Lady Antebellum )

I think its just a beautiful song.



No comments:

Post a Comment